The voluntary action, integrated in the programme GERAÇÃO Z - “CONFERÊNCIA DE MINISTROS
RESPONSÁVEIS PELA JUVENTUDE 2019 e FÓRUM DA JUVENTUDE” LISBOA +21 (World Conference of
Ministers Responsible for Youth 2019 and Youth Forum” Lisboa +21) is aimed for young people between 18
and 30 years old, interested in the Youth field and International Affairs.
This Youth Volunteering action takes place on 21, 22 and 23 June 2019, at Parque das Nações, Lisbon.
Voluntaries will perform support tasks for the Conference, Forum, media, delegations, Executive Secretariat,
social and cultural programme, among others.
If you are interested in being part of an event which will mark youth policies around the world for the next
decades, REGISTER at https://programas.juventude.gov.pt/geracaoz/acoes.
You will have a close contact with relevant political figures and young people from various nationalities and the
opportunity of attending as observer the side events of the Conference where NGO’s and high-level representatives will
For this event will be necessary 220 young volunteers.
If you participate in this youth volunteering action you will be entitled to:
- Reimbursement of expentes up to na amount of 10,00€(5hours);
- Contribution for public transportation inside national territory, in economic class (for this effect keep the departure and arrival tickets and receipts);
- Accommodation at the Youth Hostels (in case you need);
- Snack box;
- Conference kit (t-shirt and dorsal thread);
- Personal Accidents and Civil Liability Insurance;
- Participation Certificate
In 1998 Portugal was the first country which gathered Ministers responsible for Youth, along with United Nations
partners, for a global commitment on youth from which resulted the Lisbon Declaration on Youth Policies and
Programmes. In 2019, 21 years later, the Portuguese Government and UN partners, will bring together again Ministers
and Young People in an effort to accomplish the implementation of the 2030 Agenda according to the Sustainable
Development Goals and the new tendencies of the 21st century. The World Conference of Ministers Responsible for
Youth and Youth Forum – Lisboa +21 will be a landmark event for the next decades within the Youth field.
- Provide assistance to the Conference work team;
- Provide a learning experience about youth policies and programmes;
- Promote interaction and intercultural learning;
- Provide networking between voluntaries and participants.
Location of the event:
Area: Parque das Nações
Venues: Altice Arena, Hotels, PT Meeting Center, Pavilhão do Conhecimento, Airport
Volunteering Action Calendar:
22 April until 19 May - Voluntaries registration
20 May until 31 May – Analysis of the registrations and recruitment of voluntaries
1 June – First training action
15 June – Second training action
21 to 23 June – Volunteering action in the course of the event
Rita Saias Santos and Teresa Vieira
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY HERE